Meet Santa’s reindeer
Meet reindeer every day at Preston Park Museum from Saturday 27 November to Wednesday 29 December (we’re closed Mondays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 December). We will also be open on Monday 20 December.
We are excited to announce that we will have some very special visitors staying with us in the lead up to Christmas. Come along to the museum and meet our friendly reindeer from the North Pole. You will also be able to purchase reindeer food during your visit for £1.
When can I see the reindeer at Preston Park Museum?
You can see the reindeer at the museum every day from Saturday 27 November until Wednesday 29 December (we’re closed Mondays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 December). We will also be open on Monday 20 December.
How much is it and do I need to book?
You will need to purchase a museum ticket or show a valid annual pass to visit the reindeer. There’s no need to book, just turn up on the day. During busy times, like weekends and during school holidays, there may be a queue to see the reindeer. See our museum admission prices here
You can purchase reindeer food for £1 on the day (cash only).
Can I bring my dog?
You will need to go through the museum to see the reindeer so unfortunately only assistance dogs are allowed.
Safety information around the reindeer
For your own safety, please remember to:
- Wash your hands with soap and water after meeting the reindeer, especially before eating
- No food or drink are allowed near to the reindeer
- Don’t climb or sit on the fence
- Whilst our reindeer are friendly, please be aware they may bite
- Please only feed the reindeer with the special food provided or they may become sick (reindeer can only eat carrots on Christmas Eve night under the close supervision of Santa!)