Join us this May half term as we celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
Our Victorian Street will be given a 1950s makeover for the week with flags and bunting galore! You are invited to bring a picnic and pull up a chair at our Jubilee table on the street – 50s dress and crowns are encouraged!
- Bring a picnic to enjoy at our Jubilee table
- Step back in time on our 1950s street!
- Make your own crown and flag to take home
- 1950s food demos and tasting (Saturday 28 May – Wednesday 1 June)
- Learn more about the history of 1950s food and cooking (Friday 3 June)
The Jubilee picnic table will be outdoors and we will be embracing whatever the great British weather throws at us, so please dress appropriately!
No booking is required, just turn up on the day. If you don’t already a valid museum pass, you will need to purchase one when you arrive. See museum admission prices
Activities will take place in the museum galleries, Victorian Street and orchard. The museum is wheelchair and pushchair accessible. Wheelchairs and walkers are available to use throughout your visit, please ask a member of staff if you require assistance. Please be aware that our gardens are accessed via a gravel path.
Unfortunately only assistance dogs are allowed, as this event takes place in the museum.