Elmer and Friends: The Colourful World of David McKee, will be arriving at Preston Park Museum this summer!
Step into David McKee’s colourful world in this playful exhibition by Seven Stories, The National Centre for Children’s Books.
- Take a walk through Elmer’s jungle and discover your favourite stories along the way
- Get dressed up as your favourite character
- Can you complete the giant Elmer jigsaw?
- Relax on one of the comfy sofas in the reading area
- Visit the colouring station
- See original artwork from the Elmer series, Not Now Bernard and Mr Benn
- Explore the interactive sensory boxes
It will be the first time that this colourful and vibrant exhibition will have been seen in Tees Valley. Included in the price of this great value day out, you can also explore the museum, including replica Victorian Street, galleries and gardens.
Entry is included in the price of museum admission, see museum admission prices here. All of our tickets last a year so you can visit as many times as you like. If you already have a valid museum pass, don’t forget to bring it with you.
Tickets for the museum can be purchased online or when you arrive.
When can I see Elmer and Friends?
Elmer and Friends will be at Preston Park Museum from the 23 July – 11 September 2022. The museum is open every day during the school holidays including bank holidays, from 10am – 4pm (last admission is 3.30pm). See museum opening times
Is the exhibition accessible?
Yes the exhibition is in the Billiard Room and Music Room, which are located on the ground floor of the museum.
Elmer and Friends: The colourful world of David McKee is supported by Arts Council England and Anderson Press. The exhibition is by Seven Stories, The National Centre for Children’s Books www.sevenstories.org.uk